If you live in the area covered by Knowsley Council, you can use this application to:

  • see how much Housing Benefit you could get if you rent your home
  • see how much Council Tax Reduction you could get if you are the person who is responsible for paying the Council Tax for the home you live in
  • find out if you're entitled to Income Support, Pension Credit or Tax Credits

Universal Credit Full Service will be available across most of Knowsley from 16 May 2018. This means that working age customers cannot make a new application for Housing Benefit if they live in a designated Universal Credit postcode area, (unless they fall into one of the exception categories).

If you live in any of the following postcode areas you must also contact Universal Credit to get help with your housing costs:

L10, L14, L28, L32, L33, L34, L35 (1,2,3,5, and 7), L36.

From July 2018 - L35 (4,5,8 and 9).

From September 2018 - L25, L26 and L16.

The application is in two parts. The first is a calculator which can give you an idea of what you may be entitled to. The second part allows you to make a claim.

Start a new calculation/claim

Return to a calculation/claim you have saved

Welfare Reform

The welfare and benefits information outlined on our website may be affected by the Government's Welfare Reform Act 2012. If you are awarded Housing Benefit and are subject to the benefit cap, we will write to you and let you know. This means that the amount of Housing Benefit quoted in the calculation on this website may be reduced.